Wednesday 6 February 2008

Better and Better

I'm in Antigua again. There are far more young people here than when I was last here.

I left Taiwan with some specific areas of my life that I needed to improve, and I just realised that I've already succeeded in many of them. Some are private, but I'll share some of the others here:

(1) I've learned how going to sleep early and getting up early can really make life far easier and more enjoyable, and I've started dreaming again, as my friend Colin told me I would.

(2) I've learned that you get far more done in the day and each week when you take time for yourself; working solid is ineffective.

(3) I now cook for myself (and others) whenever possible. It saves time and money, but is also a far more social and intimate experience than eating out.

(4) I'm learning to let go of whatever doesn't benefit me or take me towards my goals, and it works.

(5) Planning. I'm working on that. I'm getting better at planning the day and week or so ahead.

(6) I've learned the value of budgeting! I never thought I'd achieve this, but I budget strictly now and I'm enjoying getting by on just US$15 a day, including travel and accommodation.

There's more, but I'll share them later, as I've been told my posts are somtimes too long. So I'm working on that, too.

Happy Chinese New Year, everyone!

No comments: