Friday 7 March 2008

Quick Update with More to Come

Hi, all. And a special hello to Tom Kedwell, who I know enjoys reading this blog with his dad, Leigh.

It's been a couple of weeks since my last blog entry, and that's because it's been such a whirlwind of activity that I've simply not had time to put fingers to keyboard for this.

Since my last entry, I've explored the many unique towns and villages on the shores of Lake Atitlan, returned to Antigua once more, endured several hot and bumpy bus rides, turned 40 in one of the most beautiful places I have ever encountered, been spelunking (Tom, help Dad with that big word), swung over a river, gone inner-tubing, jumped off a bridge, swam in limestone pools, explored a cave behind a waterfall, heard the worst bonfire stories ever, taken part in a chicken-bus rebellion, swam in a lake, and somehow ended up with a bunk in an apparently all-girls' dorm.

I've also helped get a rescued husky in Taiwan into a new home in Canada (thanks to the generosity of some wonderful people, we easily raised enough money for his flight), and part of the reason for me being so busy of late is that I've been helping with getting some of the other dogs at the Animals Taiwan holding centre into new homes - big thanks also to Brandy, who runs the holding centre and who has been juggling pressure and sticking to priorities so that more animals could be helped.

I am just creating some adoption flyers for four of the newest and youngest Animals Taiwan rescues, including one beautiful young girl with only three legs. If you would like to help distribute these flyers, please email me (my address is listed in my profile) and I will send you the posters and some advice on how to get them noticed. I have them in English or Chinese, and we will focus on rehoming them in Taiwan first. If enough of these posters go up all over the place, we will have four new adoptions in no time. You can join in to help make this happen. (We will happily and gratefully ship these beautiful animals to good homes abroad if need be, but we don't focus on finding homes overseas.)

For now, I have to finish working on those posters and writing up my blog entries, so keep checking in over the coming days. I'm heading into Mexico tomorrow, so expect a very different landscape from my blog for a couple of weeks.

Hasta luego!


Sean 

No comments: