Wednesday 30 January 2008

Out With the Old

I’ve been told two new volunteers are arriving today. The Dutch volunteers (actually, Wilson was born a South African, I later learned) left yesterday, bound for Antigua and onwards. I was sad to see them leave, as we all got along really well, shared mealtimes and went on village jaunts together, and all in all we had quite a good time. We only nearly came to blows once, on their last night, during a discussion about neutering ;-). The two British ‘birds’, as Xenii likes to call them when speaking to me, will be staying the minimum two weeks, which is great because that gives me a week to show them what to do and an extra week of making sure the skin-condition dogs get their natural diet after I leave.

I’m not sure who or what to expect, but I’m looking forward to sharing some British humour and seeing if they brought any baked beans or Marmite with them. I’m a little concerned about the sleeping arrangements, though, as I’ve become quite comfortable in the recently vacated clinic quarters, and really don’t want to be extradited to the cabin porch again. We’ll see how it goes.

No comments: